While I’m working on my bucket list, I want to post whenever I can. My awesome sister, Kelly (http://www.trimommylife.com/), tagged me so I thought I’d share the love. Maybe you would like to know a little more about me, the girl who loves heights and hates bees.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. Tag 11 more people!
11 random things about me.
1. I love to write and think I have a pretty great vocabulary, but I am terrible at Words With Friends. I can come up with delightfully long words, but still lose to someone who has the knack for placing simple words on the board’s hot spots. But Angry Birds? I’m great at killing little green piggies.
2. Since I’ve discovered my undying love for dark chocolate, milk chocolate just doesn’t taste “right.” For some reason, it tastes like sour milk to me now.
3. I have elaborate, detailed dreams nearly every night. I also have recurring dreams. At least once a week, I dream I’m using the bathroom in front of someone or a group of people.
4. I despise baked raisins. Dry raisins? Great. Raisins covered in chocolate? Awesome. Raisins in cookies or bread? Awful.
5. Sometimes, knowing I am understood means more than love (or like) to me. I can deal with someone not liking me for a reason that is true, such as my hating Star Wars; however, if I feel they have misjudged me, it tears me up inside.
6. I do not understand the fascination with American Idol.
7. I love traveling, kind of. I love seeing new places, people, and landscapes, but I really don’t like flying on planes, driving in cars, etc. I’m actually quite a grouch until I get where I’m going. If I have a window seat and some Dramamine, I’m pretty good.
8. I need hugs. Great big bear hugs. I start feeling depressed if I go too long without a good hug.
9. I love color. One of the reasons I love spring is because I enjoy seeing all the grass, trees, and flowers light up with color. It gives me hope that everything will be ok.
10. I think my greatest talent is keeping secrets. It’s not just about not saying something; I know how to artfully skirt around subjects to derail the conversation if asked directly.
11. I think 11 things is six too many, so I am changing the rules to Five Random Things. I made it this far. Consider me the Head Gamemaker now.
These questions are from my sister, who tagged me.
1. What is the thing in your life you are most proud of? I guess I would say my kindness to other people. I genuinely try to treat others with respect. I am not especially outgoing, but I try to be friendly when people approach me.
2. What is your biggest regret? It’s hard to really call it a regret, but often I wish I had followed my heart when it came to college and gone to a different school than the one I ended up at.
3. If you had to eat just one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hands down, sweet potato. No question.
4. Do you give up things for Lent? If so, what are you giving up this year and why? I don’t usually. I always celebrate Fat Tuesday, though. Duh.
5. What is your perfect evening? My perfect evening would be walking along the beach at sunset, after a long day in the sun; jamming my toes in the cool sand and splashing in the warm water; sitting on a chair feeling the soft breeze while hearing the waves crashing.
6. Do you have siblings? If so, do you buy into the whole birth order thing? Yes, one sister and one brother, and absolutely. I’m the baby and I love it!
7. What is your favorite thing to cook? I love cooking and trying new things, but if you look at #3, I bet you can guess it has to do with sweet potatoes. I love making sweet potato casserole. It’s one of the few recipes I know by heart.
8. In what kind of social situation do you feel most comfortable? I feel very comfortable eating lunch with my coworkers every day. They make always make me laugh.
9. In what kind of social situation do you feel most awkward? I’m a terrible “mingler.” Bring me to a party with a bunch of people I don’t know, and I’ll want to get out of there as fast as I can.
10. If you could go back to college, would you? Yes. I’m still working on that one. I would be a student forever if I could afford it.
11. What quality do you possess that makes you a good friend? I am trustworthy and reliable.
Below are my five questions for the people I’ve tagged, or YOU if you desire. 🙂
1. If you live to be 100+, what will you say it’s because of?
2. Has there ever been a moment where you thought you might die? If so, what was it?
3. What is something that makes you happy every day?
4. Tell me about the last book you read.
5. Out of all of your birthdays, which one stands out as the most memorable, and why?
These are the people I’ve decided to tag:
2. Drew – drewplaysdrums
4. Pedro – The [Ghost] Psalms and
5. Mike – it’s Mike Burns.